Mr. J’s Classroom Expectations
Expectations you can never forget if ALL of us are to succeed:
- Be engaged in your education.
- Respect yourself and others.
- Understand that the learning process takes time and perseverance.
- Use your imagination.
- Read your book.
- Take notes when examples are being given.
- Look for examples and explanations on YouTube.
Expectations that you have all heard before and will be remind of often:
- Actively list to the person speaking.
- No food or drink in the class.
- Do not interrupt instruction.
- Be in your seat before the bell rings.
- If you have missed an assignment or test see me in the morning or afterschool. I will not discuss make-up work during regular class.
Materials you need every day unless told otherwise:
- something to write with
- something to write on
- your text book
How to solve story problems: (READ PAGE 33 and 34)
- Read the problem several times before starting.
- Draw a picture representing the situation.
- Write down your known and unknown variables on the left of your paper. Make sure you convert them to proper SI units.
- Choose the correct equation to solve for the missing variable and write it down to the right of your knowns.
- Plug and chug making sure you cancel out your units properly. Have a look at your answer and check if it makes sense. Make sure your answer is in SI units.
YOU NEED YOUR OWN CALCULATOR!!!!!
Your calculator needs trig functions. You should be using the same calculator at home as you do at school. One of the biggest stumbling blocks on a test is your unfamiliarity with your calculator.
Join Remind101. Send a text to "81010". Your message in the text box needs to be "@ddcbgc" for 5th period and "@g9abc" for 6th period. That's it! You will receive important reminders about quizzes and projects. See me if you prefer email alerts.